Friday 21 October 2016

A random selection


Time for Five On Friday again, as usual I am linking with Amy from Love Made My Home to bring you this post. Even though I thought I hadn't done a lot this week I was determined to get here and post after failing miserably last week to a) find time and b) get inspiration on what to post.


So what have I been up to in the last week:-


1.  Card Party: On Saturday I helped my friend Janice from Crafty Castle blog with a card party that she was holding at another friend's house. We had a wonderful bacon sandwich breakfast and then had a fun time packaging and pricing up all the cards and other bits and pieces before heading to the party which I am happy to say was a great success.






2.  My Birthday: Sunday was my birthday and I was thoroughly spoilt by my family and friends. The highlight of the day was being taken out for lunch by my DH and eldest son, we chose a location (The Hatchet at Lower Chute) that was recommended by a friend and we will definitely be visiting again. I was also taken out for another lunch by my youngest son on Monday as he was busy playing football on the Sunday - not sure how I managed to maintain at Slimming World this week!












3.  Cot Blanket: I was asked by a work colleague to make her a cot blanket for her baby son who is due in December. She chose the colours but left the design up to me - here it is finished and packaged up ready to gift. I am pleased to say she was delighted with it.









4. Next on my hook: I have just started work on my next charity blanket for the Sunshine International Blankets of Love. This is number 11 of 12 that I aim to complete and give to the residents in a local residential care home at Christmas. I am making this using the Harlequin stitch which I haven't used before but am quite pleased with how it is working out.







5.  Autumn colours: I couldn't think what to use for my 5th entry this week but suddenly thought about the beautiful trees on the corner of our close so quickly walked up the road this morning to snap them. I love this time of the year and these trees are always a delight.












Well that is it for this week, I hope you all have a great weekend and for those of you that have children or work in schools have a wonderful half term holiday.


Please do go and pay Amy a visit where you will find link ups to more Five On Friday posts.

23 comments:

  1. Happy Belated birthday, Jan. How lovely to be taken out to lunch twice to celebrate. I love your cot blanket and really envy you the trees at the end of your road - they're stunning. Enjoy the weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Belated Birthday! Sounds like you had a terrific day. Your blanket looks wonderful.

    Happy Five on Friday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Belated Birthday wishes. The cot blanket was a delight to see, a stunning make. I loved the look of the Harlequin stich blanket, the Autumnal colours are a delight. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to spend time with you on Saturday Jan. I foresee many bacon sandwiches in the future! �� xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday for earlier in the week. I love your colours in the latest blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday! Glad you had a great time. Your new blanket is looking good, you've nearly made your target already. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy belated birthday...I thought for a moment that your husband was the bloke from Eggheads! Your crochet is absolutely beautiful, especially the harlequin stitch blanket, the colours are so striking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Fiona, you are not the first person to say that AND he is a steam train fan too!!!

      Delete
  8. Happy belated Birthday! I love all your crochet, particularly the colour of your new blanket. It blends perfectly with the beautiful trees. I have not come across harlequin stitch before and must go and look it up as it is so attractive.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've noticed how much the leaves have turned in just a week. They are beautiful over here. The colours are never quite as good at home. Loving the look of that harlequin stitch. Glad you were properly spoilt on your birthday. B x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Belated birthday greetings. Loving the new blanket you're making too

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday! I admire your stitching and love seeing the spectacular fall colors, too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday, two meals out, lucky you. What a pretty blanket, like the color and design.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy belated Birthday! You have made a beautiful blanket, the colour's of the newest go well to autumn colors. Great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. happy birthday!!!! glad you had a great time! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy birthday Jan, looks like you had a great time! Your blanket you made was lovely, well done xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm glad the card party was a great success. Belated birthday wishes. It looks as if you celebrated well with two lunches out and were spoilt by family and friends. The blanket now packaged up is lovely and I like the colours and stitch of your latest. Spectacular photos of the changing leaves of Autumn down your way. They are beginning to turn here 'up north' too. We are really feeling that it's Autumn now.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What an exciting week. I can tell you are much loved by your family.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Birthday Jan! Looks like you had a great day. Wonderful blanket. Beautiful fall color.

    ReplyDelete
  19. A belated happy birthday to you - it sounds like you had a good day. Those trees are looking beautiful and I love the colours in your latest blanket in progress!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Belated Happy Birthday wishes. It looks as if you had a wonderful day. The autumnal trees in your photos are beautiful:)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Belated Birthday greetings. Special times with friends and family to celebrate make for a lovely day. Beautiful autumn colours, too. Happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Belated happy birthday.. The baby blanket is so cute...

    Please visit: http://from-a-girls-mind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete