I have been nominated by Winwick Mum (winwickmum.blogspot.co.uk) for the Liebster Award.
I am not very good at this sort of thing but will do my best to make it interesting for my readers so these are the questions that Winwick Mum asked:-
1. If you were down to your last £5 what would you spend it on?
Hmmm, this one got me thinking. It would very much depend on the circumstances but I guess it would be some cheap but nourishing food to keep the family fed (pasta etc.) until hopefully more money miraculously appeared from somewhere.
2. What is your favourite thing to eat?
This one is easy - it has to be lasagne with salad and garlic bread.
3. What was the first film you ever watched at the pictures?
Hard Day's Night (The Beatles). I was taken to see it by two of my Great Aunt's who I was staying on holiday with at the time, not sure what they made of sitting in the cinema with lots of screaming fans but I was very grateful to them for taking me.
4. If your house was on fire, what one thing other than family members and pets would you save?
My childhood photograph album.
5. What, other than your children, is your greatest achievement?
I guess it would be winning the best case study award when I was awarded my Diploma of School Business Management which came as a total shock to me.
6. What did you want to be when you grew up?
This is really boring and certainly dates me but I wanted to be a shorthand typist. I couldn't wait to get a typewriter. I received one from my Great Uncle when I was 16.
7. What word would other people use to describe you?
Easy-going (sorry is that two words)?
8. How many WIP's do you have at the moment?
Too many to count (although some of them probably count as UFO's and not WIP's).
9. What is your favourite yarn/embroidery thread?
Budget: Stylecraft Special DK.
Luxury: Rowan Lima.
10. What tool could you not do without?
My iPad (does that count as a tool)?
11. What was the last magazine you bought?
Simply Crochet (I don't buy many magazines these days but the poncho pattern in an edition of Simply Crochet a little while back took my eye).
OK, having answered the questions I am meant to pass the award on by thinking of eleven questions to pass on to other bloggers. Having not belonged to the blogging community for very long I am just going to choose a few people whose blogs I have enjoyed reading - there is no obligation for you to participate if you don't want to, I don't want to put anyone under any pressure. I am happy for you to answer the same questions as above.
The House With The Blue Door
Life By The Sea
Tales From A Happy House