I am pleased to say that I have now dealt with all those pesky ends I was telling you about on my Autumn colours corner-to-corner crochet throw and completed the edging. It now has pride of place on my sofa and I am really pleased with it. I must say that I am glad to have finished it, it is very heavy and I was roasting underneath it as I was working on it. The only issue now is we have another matching 2-seater sofa and that is looking a bit naked now so I feel another throw coming on sometime soon - perhaps a V-stitch one (a pattern I have been wanting to try)!
I have now started on my next project that I told you about in my last crochet related post - making the first of my Sunshine blankets to donate to a local residential care home. This is hopefully my first of twelve blankets that I have challenged myself to complete this year and I am really liking the colours of this one.
I don't know the name of this square, I found the pattern online but it was in Dutch, with the help of Google translate I managed to work out how to crochet it although I must say it took a bit of doing. Even after the translation, for example, it talked about sticks instead of trebles and there seemed to be no difference between chains and double crochets so hope my interpretation is correct. For now I am calling it my Dutch square until I find out differently.
These squares will need blocking and luckily enough I have just the tool for the job coming to me very soon. It is a product by Daisy Boo Creations and I will show it to you when it arrives, it is still in production as we speak and I am really excited to try it out!
I will keep you updated with my progress.