Friday 1 July 2016

Five On Friday


A late Five on Friday post here, I don't normally work on a Friday but it is a busy time of the year in school so have been putting in some extra hours hence posting late in the day. Once again I am joining with Amy at Love Made My Home to bring you my Five this week. 


1.  Last weekend we went to Long Eaton to my friend Colly's house for our monthly craft get-together, this is always a fun weekend when like minded crafting friends meet to enjoy our crochet and have a good laugh. Here are some photos of us all.


Sarah and Tammy




Sarah, Me, Tammy and Colly



Colly


2. While I was at the get-together I put the finishing touches into another SIBOL charity blanket, I am really pleased with how this one turned out.























3.  Colly has the most beautiful garden, I always think of it as a little bit of heaven of earth, here are a few pictures.






I just love the expression on the face of this garden ornament, Colly has called him 'Grunt'



I loved this beautiful flower, not sure what it is called - does anyone know?


4.  We stayed overnight at Colly's and as we were enjoying a leisurely breakfast we were watching this cheeky squirrel attempting to work out how to get the food from this feeder which was only installed the day before after the squirrel chewed a large hole through the plastic of the old one.





I wonder if he has found a way yet?

5.  Yet more crochet - I made these three little cardigans for my boss and his wife who have recently had a baby girl. They made a change from crocheting blankets and I have now been asked to make some for a baby boy so will have to fit them in between all the blankets I am making.




























 I have also made some progress on my next SIBOL blanket





Well that is all for this week, I am hoping to fit some walking in next week, the weather has been so awful or I have been working on the days when it hasn't rained so haven't been able to get out and about as much as usual.


I hope you all have a lovely weekend. I am going to attempt to catch up on my blog reading and replying this weekend. Do go and visit Amy's blog to find links to more Five On Friday posts.

18 comments:

  1. Looks like a grand time was had with your friends, Jan--so many smiles and lovely crafts! Your blanket and baby cardigans are so sweet!

    Your squirrels are just like ours--it's a constant battle to keep them from the bird feeders :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely post. Sounds like you had a great weekend. I think the flower is a Japanese anemone but I could be wrong. More beautiful crochet :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those little cardigans are great and the blankets too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful pictures. It looks like you had a wonderful time with your crafty friends. Great creations! I love Grunt. The look on his face is rather cute. The squirrels are so funny. They can be such funny creatures. Pesky sometimes too.

    Have a lovely weekend

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful to have a get together with like minded people, you all looked to be having fun. Gorgeous baby crochet, they are a real delight to see. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely time you must have had with your friends, you all look so happy crocheting together! Love your new blanket it is very pretty isn't it. The cardis for your boss are lovely too, the bright pink one especially took my fancy! Thank you for joining in with Five On Friday. I hope you have a fun weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A crafting get together weekend sounds fun, and that blanket is gorgeous. have a lovely weekend

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your get together looks like fun! Oh my, those little cardigans are so cute! What a nice gift...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the beautiful baby cardigans. A very special gift the a new baby. What great fun to go away with a group of crafters. Sounds like a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks as if you all had a great time crafting together, very jolly! The baby jackets are lovely, I'm not surprised you've received a request for more.
    bon weekend from Normandy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How great to get together for your crafts. I am so loving the projects! It almost makes me want to start crocheting again!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You do look like a fun group. Those cardigans are adorable. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a good idea to spend the weekend together, it looks like you all had a great productive time. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like you had a great weekend. I'm impressed with all your crocheting!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely blankets - don't know how you manage to part with them but good on you. My mum knitted cardIgans for my children before I knew how, now I can make them for my future grandkids! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. It looks like a great day all your crochet makes are lovely and what a beautiful garden. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your crochet gathering sounded very enjoyable! Your stitching is beautiful and plentiful...and I can't pick a favorite :) I hope you have a safe and happy July 4th celebration. xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I always love seeing your craft projects. You are so talented. The girls crafting weekend looks huge fun. :-)

    ReplyDelete