Monday 27 April 2015

Crochet Class and Part 2 of Lilypond CAL


Well I survived my first crochet teaching class at the weekend. I was nervous about my ability to teach but managed to get three people who have never picked up a crochet hook before to have a go and produce rows of treble crochet and get the others who have done a little bit but never followed patterns to start producing ripple blankets. I have to say that it was good fun and we are all looking forward to the next teaching session. Well done girls, great work and keep up with the practice.










I have completed Part 2 of the Lilypond CAL (crochet-along), I did enjoy this bit more than the first section and am now looking forward to Part 3 which will be produced a week on Tuesday. Thankfully the pieces match up together and are the correct size, so many people seem to be having tension problems I was a bit worried that I would have to rip it all out and start again.








I will be continuing with my Cottage patchwork blanket until Part 3 is released and just to keep me out of mischief I am also joining in with Winwick Mum's sock-along which starts in just under a week. Hopefully I will keep up with everything.

6 comments:

  1. Love your crocheting, Jan--that will be one gorgeous blanket. I wish I could have taken your class--I have absolutely no idea how to crochet. I'm hoping to get my sister-in-law to teach me this summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Jan! It looks like your crochet class was a big success. I love your blanket, especially the little flowers in the centres of the squares. You're very clever :)
    Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That class looks like a lot of fun. I learnt to crochet at a class and it was one of the best things I ever did.

    That lilypond pattern is delightful. It will look great all together. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a clever girl you are you can add "Teacher" to your cv now, Lily pad is coming along nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the success of your first teaching session, that must be such a fun way to learn to crochet! Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the crocheting when you have a beginners class again let me know as I have tried many times but a square turns into a circle or a circle into a square! As for following a pattern what's that! Can knit and sew but that's it, your things and that of your pupils look great. well done to everyone pupils and teacher. Chris xx

    ReplyDelete