Friday 22 April 2016

Five On Friday


Five On Friday time again and as usual I am joining with Amy at Love Made My Home.  


It has been another busy week and once again I am apologising if I haven't visited your blog and left some comments, I am still endeavouring to catch up and I would like to thank everyone that has left comments on my posts recently.


So what have I been up to this week:-


Firstly I finished my latest charity blanket, this one is again part of SIBOL (Sunshine International Blankets of Love) and will be donated to a local residential care home at Christmas.







I have now made a start on my next one, this one is made using the Maybelle flowers and making them into squares, I am sure I will be sharing my progress on this sometime soon.







Still on the crochet front I have also joined many hundreds of crocheters in honouring a well known crochet designer - Marinke Slump (known across the crochet world as Wink) who very sadly lost her battle with severe depression last year. In her memory a crochet-along (CAL) has been created, this CAL was the last thing she was working on at the time of her death and a group of friends decided to finish designing it - it is called Last Dance On The Beach and comes in three different colour ways. I have chosen Dance in the Rain, beautiful colours are used in this kit and this week I crocheted my practice tension square and the first square which was released on Wednesday. I have three more of these squares to complete this week and then it will be back to my charity blanket until the next square is released.







Yesterday was a lovely day, we combined some retail therapy with a lunch out at the Brigadier Gerard at Horton Heath where they have the most bright and cheerful floral displays.







We followed lunch by taking a walk in Stoke Park Woods (I apologise if you are tired of bluebell pics but I couldn't resist taking yet more, my excuse is that it is in a different wood from last weeks pictures)!!! 






Please go and visit Amy's blog where you will find links to more Five On Friday posts.



11 comments:

  1. I adore the little butterfly on the first blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blues and yellows in your latest blanket remind me of the daffodils and bluebells that are blooming at the moment. Lovely photos of your walk and you can never have too many bluebell photos. Have a lovely weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so impressed with the butterfly in the corner of your blanket, what a wonderful embellishment. I agree with Rosie you can never have too many photos of bluebells, they are great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh I've just ordered, yesterday the Rain one. So I'll be a tad behind but that's ok. I think this such a worthwhile CAL to do

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a very talented blanket-maker, Jan - so many different kinds of granny squares in the first blanket, and the sweet butterfly too! I agree that you can never show me too many bluebells. They are good for the soul. Have a lovely weekend.
    Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great five this week. I love that last collage. The bluebells are just about starting to flower here now - I've just seen the odd one here and there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely as always to see your beautiful crochet. I am sure that your latest blanket will be much loved and appreciated!! A very kind gift!! The maybelle flowers are very pretty, I have the pattern for them and really must make some sometime. Thank you for reminding me how lovely they are. Thank you for joining Five On Friday again this week, I do so appreciate it and enjoy reading your posts. Hope you have a great weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous blanket and the Maybelle flower one will be beautiful. I do like a nice collage and, I agree too, there's no such thing as too many bluebells! Enjoy the weekend, Jan. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. You can never have too many bluebell photos! Another triumph with your blanket. I rather looked the look of the Cal as well, I look forward to seeing how it turns out. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. You make such beautiful blankets. We can never get enough bluebell pictures. Yours are lovely. Have a good weekend. B x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do like the Dance in the Rain,how sad that depression took Wink away.

    ReplyDelete