Friday 15 April 2016

Spring Flowers


I am really behind on blogging and reading and commenting on blog posts for which I apologise, I will endeavour to catch up over the next week but I am making an effort to keep up with Five On Friday, as usual hosted by Amy at Love Made My Home.


This week it has been a delight to see some beautiful Spring flowers when we have been out and about.



These violets were growing in profusion on a roadside bank - wish now that I had taken a wider view so you could see just how many there were but I was trying to get the detail of these delicate little flowers.


Primroses - it does seem to be a fantastic year for them in my part of the country, most of them growing in great clumps on the side of busy roads where you cannot stop to photograph them!


Yesterday we visited this lovely bluebell wood at Micheldever, is there any more beautiful sight than bluebells growing in their natural environment?


After visiting the bluebell woods we stopped off for some lunch and these stunning tulips were growing in the pub garden, I think tulips rank as one of my top three favourite flowers.


And last but not least we came across this stunning magnolia. I visited what was for me a new wool shop in Basingstoke, after visiting the woods and enjoying our lovely lunch, and this magnolia was growing alongside the shop.

Please go and visit Amy's blog where you will find links to more Five On Friday posts.

12 comments:

  1. Five beautiful photos, the tulips are always a delight to see. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely lovely spring flower photos. hoping to bluebell walk this week end too

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the simple native primrose is my favourite flower at this time of year, so delicate looking and pretty. Then again, I do love daffodils and tulips too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely Spring flowers especially the bluebells, we've just come back from a walk in our local bluebell wood but they aren't out yet. I guess it will be another week or two. Have a great weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always a delight to see such beautiful flowers, a tonic for the soul. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. We don't have spring flowers yet, it will be several more weeks, so it's especially nice to see yours. I always say I'm going to plant primrose but then I don't. Maybe this year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful collection of photos. The magnolia is gorgeous. I can't wait for nature to realise it is spring here, too. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely photos Jan. That magnolia is magnificent. Have a great weekend. B x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your post has done me good, Jan - all my favourite wild spring flowers! You were lucky to find such a big clump of violets. I can't decide whether I like bluebells, primroses or violets the best. Have a lovely weekend!
    Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely collection of flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful. I never tire of looking at photos of flowers. Such a wonderful world we have.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Spring has definitely sprung in your neck of the woods, Jan--just love seeing those pastel flower photos!

    ReplyDelete