Friday 29 April 2016

Five from Hampshire


Time to join in again with Five On Friday hosted by Amy from Love Made My Home.


I have a random selection to share with you this week.


No. 1 - I visited Titchfield Haven Nature Reserve last Saturday. You can read about my visit there in my last post but I didn't show you my indulgent 'must have' purchases that I made from their shop. I love Emma Ball designs and also have a thing about notebooks and bags so I just couldn't resist purchasing these two items. The bag is ideal for carrying around a small crochet project and has already been put to use when I walked to my friends house on Monday for a crocheting session. I am not sure yet as to what I will record in the notebook but at the moment just like admiring it.









No. 2 - Part 2 of the Dance On The Beach Crochet-Along came out on Wednesday. Unfortunately I was working that day but started work on this week's squares yesterday. To date I have completed two and hope to get the other two crocheted over the weekend. 








I have chosen the Dance In The Rain colourway, this is what it should look like when completed. I was debating whether to choose the Dance In The Sea or the Rain version.  When I selected my kit I hadn't seen what the finished design would look like, now I have seen the photo below I am really pleased that I went for this version.







No. 3 - I have worked really hard to achieve 10,000 steps a day using my Fitbit this week. A lot of my friends seem to achieve far more than I do but I am happy if I can get to 10,000 (this has been proven to be really beneficial to your health - physically and mentally). I am now on a six day streak, am I going to make it today? Hopefully, but I have a busy day baking and tidying in preparation for our monthly craft get-together tomorrow which I am hosting this time around so we will see. Hopefully I can fit in a walk at some stage.






No. 4 - I have purchased some seeds, you might remember that I am trying to make my garden butterfly and bee friendly so I am going to attempt to grow these seeds in pots, wish me luck, I am very much a novice to gardening having had an unmanageable jungle to contend with before our garden was refurbished. I will keep you updated as to whether my seeds flourish (or not)!






















No. 5 - as you know I have managed to lose over 4.5 stone in weight over the last year and this week I decided the time had come to sort out all my clothes that no longer fit me. I had a mental block about doing this as I have lost weight so many times only to put it all back on again and needed the larger size clothes again. However this time the weight is definitely not going to creep back on so I took the plunge and have managed to fill six bags with unwanted clothes just in time for the Slimming World clothes throw in aid of Cancer Research UK - what better time to de-clutter!






I hope you have enjoyed my five this week. Please go and visit Amy's blog where you will find links to more 'five' posts.

#LMMHfiveonfriday

16 comments:

  1. Very well done on the weight loss and all the walking, you're doing brilliantly. I love the new bag and notebook, you're a woman after my own heart indeed. The blanket is gorgeous, exactly the colours I would choose and it has fantastic textures. Something to really enjoy making I think. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your weight loss, a great achievement and well done with the walking too. Love the blanket and colour combination you have chosen, beautiful. I was also impressed with you little treat the bag and notebook. Have a great time at you craft get together tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Emma Ball's designs too, I've never bought anything yet though, always just admired in shops! It must be so satisfying to do that big clothes clear out after such a great weight loss achievement!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such great things! I adore your new bag and notebook, perfect for projects and recording them. Your squares are so pretty and your blanket will be fabulous, I love the finished one and cannot wait to see yours. As for the getting rid of your clothes, well done to you!! That is so great! Another big but really good step forward. Wish that I could hit 10000 steps as often as you do! Thank you for joining Five On Friday, I hope you have a fun weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your two purchases look lovely. Keep tight on your successful weight loss! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done Jan on all accounts, you've done such a good job. Hope you enjoy your craft get together, I really must stop doing my cross stitch, I'm getting nothing else done! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you have done terrific with your weight loss, you deserve a few new outfits that fit perfectly. I love your blanket to be.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jan, I love your bag and notebook. And your new crochet project looks beautiful. Have a wonderful day, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done on the weight loss. It isn't easy. I love walking but it's so hard here in the winter as there is a lot of snow and ice. I found a used treadmill and that helps - especially when listening to a radio show or podcast!

    I love the bag and the notebook. They are really cute. Great job on the crocheting!

    Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  10. that quilt is beautiful and looks like an unusual way to make them. I'm new here, so will have to look around and find out what that frame is about with the crochet on it. Nice to find your blog. Good luck with the gardening.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great five!!! I'm so impressed with your weight loss. Good luck with your seeds, Nasturtiums are a favorite of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done Jan, filling those bags with unwanted clothes is another huge leep in the right direction. I'm impressed you are keeping up 10,000 plus steps a day. I have had a very lazy week this week, I will have to take myself in hand. Your new blanket looks gorgeous, I'm off to research it now! Have a lovely weekend. B X

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've enjoyed your Five! Love the little bag and notebook and the colour combinations and patterns for your crochet project. Well done on the walking and weight loss and all the best with growing your flower seeds! Have a lovely day with your craft group and a good weekend in general.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well done on the weightloss and the bag is gorgeous. I've managed 10,000 steps everyday so far this week! Am very chuffed with my little self!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Five great things. I love the puffin bag and your notebook too. The colours in the blanket are so pretty:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. So many lovely things in this post - your new bag and notebook are just lovely and I do envy you walking to your friend's house for a craft session; sadly, none of my friends that live nearby are into crafts. That blanket is so gorgeous; you definitely made the right choice. Well done with your Fitbit and good luck with your seeds. xx

    ReplyDelete