Five On Friday time once again and as usual I am joining with Amy from Love Made My Home. I am so enjoying participating in this weekly posting and finding out what others have been up to. I am a bit behind replying to blog posts at the moment but will hopefully catch up over the weekend.
After my somewhat long post last week I am short on time today so without further ado here are my five bits of news from this week.
1. Our new garden furniture arrived and we are really pleased with it. We do have a parasol to complete the set but for now you will just have to imagine it as I just whizzed outside to take a quick picture this morning and didn't have time to assemble the parasol.
2. A walk on Monday and suddenly this river-water crowfoot has emerged out of nowhere it seems. Everything seems to be growing apace at the moment which surely means that Summer can't be far off (well let's hope not).
3. I did it! Weighing in at Slimming World this week I achieved my 5 stone weight loss. Really pleased but still a long road ahead. I haven't actually set a final target but in my head I know what I want to achieve and what I think is a realistic target so if I go by that I have another 2 st 1 lb to go so onwards and downwards.
4. I have been a wee bit naughty and have started another charity blanket without finishing the previous one. There is however a reason behind this - my friend contacted me and wanted me to teach her how to crochet a ripple blanket and as it was my plan to start a ripple blanket as my next charity blanket I decided that I would start it now as it makes it a lot easier to show someone if you are actually doing the same (well that is my excuse anyway)! I have made several ripples before but this one is a little different, I am playing with the colours a bit and making it an interlocking ripple. You will be able to see what I mean as I progress with it so will show you my progress sometime soon.
5. The next square for the Last Dance On The Beach crochet-along (CAL) was released on Wednesday and I have only today got around to trying it out, this one is meant to represent seagull footprints on the beach and was quite quick to crochet so hopefully I will be able to get all four squares done by tomorrow so I can get back to my charity blanket.
Please go a visit Amy's blog where you will find links to more Five On Friday posts.
Thank you for visiting my blog. I hope you all have a lovely weekend and I will see you all same time, same place, next week (if not before).