I am joining with Amy from Love Made My Home again for Five On Friday.
This has been a wonderful week with the weather improving so much from what we have been used to of late. Unfortunately I have had to work three days this week so time has been limited to get out and about. How I coped with full-time (and more) work I just don't know! It does frustrate me now when we have beautiful sunny weather and I am stuck inside, however I made the most of the time I have been able to get out and have been for a walk in the evenings on my work days.
1. As you can see I have managed to keep up with my 10,000+ steps a day throughout the week and am now on a 13 day streak, hopefully today will make it 14 days. My poor DH - I have been dragging him out during the evening if I am short of my 10,000 steps, sometimes he will oblige, other times I am going out on my own for a boring walk around the local streets.
2. One evening we went for a walk around our local nature reserve - Rooksbury Mill. We go here fairly often but the scene changes all the time. Lots of signs of Spring this time around.
|This is the second year we have seen swans nesting here, hopefully a successful brood will be hatched.|
|Lovely cowslips with the evening sun on them.|
|We stood and listened to this thrush sing for ages, such a beautiful sound.|
3. I paid a visit to the Garden Centre on Sunday to buy some more pots and plants to add to the ones I purchased on my last visit and then had a busy time potting them up. I planted the seedlings I showed you last week but as yet nothing is showing, I keep inspecting them daily hoping for signs of growth.
4. On Bank Holiday Monday we visited my Mum and went out for a walk around my home village - always a pleasure as it brings back so many memories of my childhood. Unfortunately, it did turn out to be the one gloomy day of the week and as we walked rain was threatening all the time and we just got back to my Mum's before it poured down.
|One of my favourite spots, it is always so peaceful here down by the stream.|
|I love this old barn.|
|A view of my beloved downs with the racehorse gallops in the foreground.|
|Hollowshot Lane, I have walked along this path many many times over the years.|
|A view of the far end of the downs from Three Corner Firs|
|You can see that rain is not far away now.|
|Couldn't resist taking these beautiful bluebells growing on the edge of a garden.|
5. And finally, some indoor relaxation time, I hosted our craft group meet up on Saturday and we spent the day crocheting, laughing and eating! I completed week 2 of the crochet-along that I am taking part in as well as working on my next charity blanket.
|Week 2 CAL, all four squares now on my blocking board|
|Charity blanket in progress, this one is taking me longer than usual as I am busy with the CAL as well.|
|I have just started Week 3 of the CAL|
I hope you have all had a wonderful week. Have a lovely weekend and I will see you all again next Friday. Please go and visit Amy's blog where you will find links to more Five On Friday posts.